Pupillary distance popup
HOW TO MEASURE YOUR PUPILLARY DISTANCE
Your Pupillary Distance, or PD, is the distance in millimeters (mm) from the center of one pupil to the center of the other.
Can't find your PD? No problem. You can leave the default setting of 63 which is the average measurement for adults. If we need any more information about your prescription, one of our experts will be in touch.
If you want, you can measure your PD yourself by following these steps:
- Grab a small ruler in one hand, and have your pencil and paper handy.
- Now position yourself approximately 8 inches (20 cm) away from a mirror.
- Close your left eye and align the 0 mm over the center of your right pupil.
- Measure the distance from your right to your left pupil.
- The number that lines up directly over your left pupil is your PD (An average PD for an adult ranges between 58 and 65).